This Easter the Bunny brought us all the FLU! Well we actually all started coming down with the flu a few days before, but we were all nice and sick for the big day. We still tryed to make the best of it.
No Easter is complete with out dyed eggs. As a kid I always remebered it as being so much fun, as a parent it is a nightmare! Who's big idea was it to give small children colored dye? I don't even let my kids play with playdough that often because of the mess. The picture below is the perfect reason to not give children egg dye....they eat it!!!! The first thing William did was put his spoon in the blue dye and eat it. YUCK!
After all the excitement of eating the dye we were able to get down to the fun part.
Notice the look on William's face. He is really concentrating. His nose also has a nice big blue dot on it.

Christopher did an excellent job.

The Easter Bunny usually comes to our house while we are at church. He is so condiderate! However this year we were not able to go to churh, for fear of spreading our Flu bug, so suprisingly the bunny came while the boys were in the shower. That bunny sure is a sneaky thing.
The Bunny brought some candy, a DVD and toy cars this year. (Note Chirstopher's hair do...I did not do this. He has reached an age when he thinks he needs to comb his own hair and this is the result!)
Here are is William with his new cars/jeeps.




That sucks so bad that you guys were all sick!!! I hope everyone is in good health now :)
ReplyDeleteThose pics were too cute...I love the sarcasm in your writing---you paint the picture of the day so vividly...you are a hoot :)
The boys are getting so big!!! You are a wonderful mom and these will be memories I'm sure all of you will treasure fondly!!!
We always had a huge mess after coloring easter eggs with the kids, but it was so much fun that sometimes I still make them do it even though they're all grown up!
ReplyDeleteI thought that was smart of William to eat it, what else do you do at the dinner table with spoons and cups? So, so cute!