If you do not share my love of Stephenie Meyer and
the Twilight Saga DO NOT READ ANY FURTHUR!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This weekend I was lucky enough to attend the Fundraier Project Book Babe. The Book Babe fundraiser was in support of a book buyer named Faith Hochalter who was diagnosed with breat cancer. All I can say is that she must be the BEST book buyer ever because all the authors and artists that contributed to the event were amazing! The authors included....Chris Gall
PJ Haarsma
Shannon Hale
J.S. Lewis
Dean Lorrey
Stephenie Meyer
Brandon Mull
James Owen
Janette Rallison
Laini Taylor

If you like to read young adult fiction I am sure you have heard of some of these names before. I have to admit that I have not read them all but Stephenie and Shannon are wonderful!
Next up at the event was the author discussion panel. They had a professor from ASU come in and moderate. The professor was boring but at least he had a few good questions. In fact I would say the authors ran right over the top of the moderator! It made it a lot more fun. They talked about how the writing process is differnet for each one of them, what kinds of kids they were(almost all of them admited to being nerds) and how being a writer affects them. I know this must sound boring but it was more like stand up comedy. They all had a great sense of humor and made fun of one another a lot.
Next up was the raffle. Unfortunaltey I did not win anything. They gave away a ton of signed books and drawings donated by the authors.

PJ Haarsma escorting Dean Lorey in the dress

After the fundraiser was a private signing event. Since I was crazy enough to pay as much as I did for a ticket (Thank you Ed, I love you) I was able to attend!!!!! At the signing we all recieved a Twilight bag (Yeah) full of hardback books from each of the authors. Then we got to meet with each author to have our books personally signed! It was a lot of fun and all of the authors were very nice. Here are all the pictures

Here I am with Laini Taylor. She was the first author I spoke with and got a posed picture with. As soon as everyone was on the stage the authors were instructed to not allow anyone behind the table with them and no more posed pictures were allowed! I was pretty upset about this. They even had people posted on both ends of every table so no one could cheat. So sorry to say this is the only shot of my with an author.

This is Shannon Hale. I actually had a ten minute conversation with her. She is wonderful. The ladies sitting next to me flagged her down and thanked her for saying that first and foremost she is a Mom. Then the five of us discussed what is means to be a mom and how it soooo important to never say that "I am JUST a stay-at-home Mom." We all agreed that the word JUST should never be used. I always use the term domestic goddess anyway. I have even written it on a credit card application! If you have not read any of Shannon's books you should, they are wonderful.

This is James Owen signing my book. James is also an illustrator so he drew a dragon in everyone on the books he donated, what a lot of work! Mine however did not have one so he drew one for me right there on the spot. Here are pictures of the process


I flipped this picture so the dragon would be facing the right direction.
Here is a picture of Stephenie signing my book. Its too bad the one of her smiling I cut the top of her head off! Oh well I never claimed to be a professional. Actually I am shocked they turned out at all. I had my purse on one shoulder and twenty pounds of books on the other. I looked like a tourist! The one piece of Twilight gossip I did overhear in line was that Stephenie said she actually was thinking about Midnight Sun last week and that she might be able to think about that story again. We will all have our fingers crossed. If you do not know what Midnight Sun is click here.
Since we were not allowed to stand with Stephenie and have a picture taken we were all taking turns just standing in front of her and taking a picture with her in the background. It felt wierd to me but we all had to make the best of the cirsumstances.
Here is what I left with at the end of the day. I was super excited because with the books Stephenie signed for me at the fundraiser I now have a complete signed Twilight Saga!
The best part of my day was coming home to a house that was picked up, dinner had already been made and the boys picked roses for me! I'll take my real life Edward over Edward Cullen any day!


How fun!!! I can't believe people paid so much for all the original manuscripts and Lunch with Stephenie, I wonder when they would have stopped bidding if she hadn't said she would have lunch with them both.
ReplyDeleteOh it sounds like a dream day! I love Shannon Hale she is probably one of my favorite authors! I am glad that you are still in love with your Edward.
ReplyDeleteWow. I am speechless. Wow. Envious as all get up. Wow!
ReplyDeleteOh,that was SO cute! What a fun day!! I laughed at the HUGE cautions at the beginning!! hahaha! You're funny. I love that most of those authors were "nerds" in HS and now there's super successful. They're so creative! I could never write a book. But that sounded fun AND funny. Those bids were OUT of control! Seriously?! Wow! Oh well, at least it's a good cause! You sure came out of there with a LOT of goodies! How cool!
ReplyDeleteLOL....you are so cute! I'm glad you had fun!!! That one author looks like Janet...heehee.
ReplyDeleteThta was so sweet that you came home to such a wonderful surprise!!! xo
Nice! I haven't read any of the Twilight books yet. . . I’m hoping things die down some and I get a chance to see what all the commotion is about. Love the bouquet of roses the boys made for you. So cute :o)
ReplyDeleteI'll be honest. I have absolutely no idea who any of those people you mentioned were but I'm glad you had such a fun day out of the house without children. Those days are always the best. You look awesome in your pictures too. I like your new hairstyle.
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the caution! "You're so funny!" I must admit, I enjoyed the books more than the movie.
It looked like a great day!